The Fine Art of Networking:One Conversation At A Time
Thursday, February 16, 2022Registration is OPEN!
“A desk is a dangerous place to view the world.” --John Le Carré Author
Association executives and their stakeholders learn the technical skills required for career success, often overlooking the importance of conversation, networking, and rapport-building skills. The ability to talk easily with members and potential members is a learned skill, not a personality trait. Acquiring it will establish rapport with colleagues, clients, and referral sources, with peers in the marketplace and liaisons within the community at large, leaving a positive impression that lasts longer than an exchange of business cards. Each program is tailored to the audience.
This fast-paced, informative, and interactive session offers tools to :
• Strike up conversations and keep them going
• Cultivate connections in a virtual world
• Master introductions and remember names
• Come across as composed and self-assured when talking to people or entertaining clients at conventions, trade shows and other work related functions
• Develop rapport with stakeholders and community members
• Become an “active” listener
• Overcome communication barriers
• Handle awkward situations
• Come up with topics to discuss
• Avoid conversation “killers”
• Prepare for successful conversation
• Issue the invitation for referrals and future interaction
• Exit conversations with grace
• Feel more at ease at award receptions, banquets, receptions and networking events
Bestselling author, keynote speaker and trainer Fine began her career as an engineer, an occupation that allowed her to maintain her natural shyness and avoid situations that required social and personal interactions. Now a long time member of the National Speakers Association and the Global Speakers Federation, she presents and trains audiences across the globe. Fine designs her presentations and researches her books to teach technically oriented professionals conversation skills and business networking techniques that help in developing business relationships, gaining visibility and building rapport in the workplace. Debra’s bestselling books: The Fine Art of Small Talk: How to Start a Conversation, Keep It Going, Build Networking Skills—and Leave a Positive Impression (Hachette), The Fine Art of the Big Talk: How to Win Clients, Deliver Great Presentations, and Solve Conflicts at Work (Hachette) have been translated and published in over 2 dozen countries around the world. Just released is Debra's third in the “Fine Art” series: Beyond Texting: The Fine Art of Face-to-Face Communication for Teenagers (Canon).
How to Attend
Join the live program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer with high speed internet. You may ask questions, participate in surveys, and post comments from your computer during the program. Please note that credit (if available) is only provided to registered attendees participating at their own computer and phone. Simple instructions with a link to the program will be sent when you register and again the day before the webinar.